Enhance the content of your resume with a professional presentation.
It is important to please the reader's eye. Short narratives work well in summary statements while bullets, keyword phrases, and highlights market your skills in an effective manner.
Complete sentences are not necessary. Market yourself with action verbs, careful use of white space, and emphasis on indentation. One-inch margins and a balance of content in the body make your resume more readable. Be consistent in all resume design, text, and punctuation decisions. Be professional!
Key points to remember:
- Use a readable font rather than one that is decorative.
- Maintain font sizes between 10 and 14.
- White is still considered the best choice of paper color.
- Avoid unnecessary graphics and shading.
- Use laser printing on high quality paper.
- Make sure photocopies of your resume are clean and sharp.
- NEVER handwrite your resume.